Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Really? Another wine blog. How unique.

A few weeks ago, I went over to my friend, Laura's, apartment for a night in with some good wine, good food and a few friends of Laura's I'd yet to meet.


Since Laura was picking up all the food and since I am an oenophile, I offered to bring a few bottles of wine. To be perfectly honest, I actually hadn't tried either of the wines I'd brought , but they were suggested to me by trusted sources so I decided to take a chance. Luckily I can still trust those sources because the wines (Casa Julia Carmenere and a Bandol from a producer I unfortunately can't remember) were perfect for the almonds, manchego cheese, soppressato, crusty french bread, olives and hummus we grazed on that evening.

Over the course of the evening, Laura's friends decided that I needed to write a wine blog. they told me I was speaking so passionately about the wine that I should share my thoughts. Clearly they won the argument which brings me here to "Wineocracy."

The truth is that as much of a "wine snob" as I profess to be, I think wine is one of the most accessible hobbies out there. I mean how many hobbies do you know that can cater to $3.00 tastes and $1,500 tastes? I tend not to buy the $3 wine, but I am far, far away from buying a $1,500 bottle either.

Wineocracy is the wine blog for people who don't rule out any wine but white zinfandel. Hey, even boxed wine can make a great sangria.

So welcome and please let us know - what have you corked lately and why?

9 comments:

Pack said...

FINALLY - at long last your knowledge at my fingertips since sadly, you're not always at my fingertips.
I look forward to many more tales of wine and such by the best palatte in the northeast (at least)!

Unknown said...

Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!…

Click Here
Soundcloud.com

Ariana Richardo said...

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

Website
Information

Ariana Richardo said...

Very nice post, i certainly love this website, keep on it

Click Here
Sketchfab.com
Website

Gabriella Jackson said...

There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

Cruzroja.es
Information

AugustCollects said...

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

Information
Click Here
Visit Web

Kadoga Mawansa said...

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

Information
Click Here

NatalieMason said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Buymeacoffee.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

Manila said...

Very nice post, i certainly love this website, keep on it

Dailyjobglobal.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web