Lately it seems that everytime I see friends the first thing we say after our initial greeting is "I need a drink." The economy stinks, we're working harder than ever and we're just exhausted. But there's something more going on -- some sort of ongoing battle with the little annoyances in life. Luckily, we have wine (and tequila and beer) to help us deal with these things.
So in the spirit of daily annoyances, here's what lately has me crawling for the wine bottle at the end of the day:
1. Slow drivers in the left lane
2. Working in a cubicle
3. The guy who walks around the office whistling and/or snapping
4. Overused cliches like: "At the end of day..." "The reality is...." "This ladders up to...." "It is what it is...."
5. Computer slowdowns
6. Bosses who stand over my shoulder waiting for me to look up something they just asked for
7. The Wall Street Journal delivery people (they know why!)
9. Getting fundraising letters from politicians that tell me I need to give them my money because "the folks in Washington" are trying to take all my money - love the irony!
10. Barracuda networks
Those are just a few of the things. What has your corkscrew in a tizzy?