Thursday, August 27, 2009

Past few weeks

I'm sorry I've been lax about posting lately. The summer has just flown by! I've had a few "wine moments" over the past few weeks so in the interest of time and keeping your attention, here are the highlights:

-Went to the Mohegan Sun a few weeks ago and enjoyed dinner at Todd English's Tuscany. My friend, Lisa, and I wanted to stay on the light side because we had hours at the poker table ahead of us. We chose a Pio Cesare Moscato D'Asti and I learned it was pronounced "Chez-uh-ray" and not "Say-zar-ie." After 20 minutes they told us that they were out of the Moscato we wanted. They gave us a Prunotto Moscato D'Asti that they explained was much more expensive and thus better. The Prunotto was quite good but when I looked it up on wine-searcher.com later, I found out the Prunotto was about $3 more at retail than the Pio Cesare!

-This past weekend my friend, Pam, and I went to Passionne (a local French favorite of mine) and split a Foxen Rhone style blend. The wine was excellent but way too spicey for my choices. I have to stop bringing big reds to restaurants when I know I'll be ordering seafood. This is a terrible habit of mine.

-Tasted at the Wine Library this weekend. Didn't love any of the wines and one of them, a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, had the cat urine nose I last picked up from a Chardonnay in Sonoma. At least the New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs are known to sometimes have this nose. They need to work on that.

This weekend I'm off to my annual "girls weekend" and I'll be bringing several bottles of wine so hopefully I'll have some fun reports for you.
Take care and Happy Thursday,

Alli

5 comments:

Pack said...

The Foxen is delicious however so dont be so hard on yourself. What a treat of a restaurant and the wine ... YUM

elliej said...

Well, you certainly didn't have a wine-free week like the week you wrote about previously.

Judi Bola said...

You should comment on the competition comparison of the blog. You can highlight it's mind boggling. Your blog exploration/tour will broaden your conversions. Taruhan Bola

Liga Italia said...

I'm now not sure the place you are getting your information, but good topic. I must spend a while finding out more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be searching for this info for my mission.

Miguel Long said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.

Website
Information