Monday, August 17, 2009

Yes, I'm actually not feeling up to drinking wine


Due to Continental airline's greedy, misleading ways, I've been stuck at Newark airport for the better part of the day. Although I wish I had an "airlines suck and Continental is right up there" blog right now, I write about wine, so I'll stick to the topic at hand.

Earlier today on one of my many walks between different gates (FU Continental Airlines), I noticed that a wine bar, Vino Volo, had opened at Newark airport. Supposedly there are now 9 of these in various airports across the U.S. I've been tempted to check it out, but in between trying to get on standby flights to Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale or Miami (and I don't even like Florida - oh and FU Continental Airlines), I haven't had a chance.

Moreover, I still have a slight fever that I picked up this weekend. So between the Advil, Cold Eeze and my sheer exhaustion of being here since 6am (FU Continental Airlines), I have no desire to drink anything right now. Bummer - for all of us - though mostly for me. Generally I like to believe that alcohol kills all bacteria but I think at this point it would just make me tip over. So here's to my Venti decaf coffee (yes, I'm so lame I can't even fathom regular coffee right now) and hopefully a new posting that actually talks about wine in the not too distant future. One day I will try Vino Volo and gladly write about it.
Until then, Continental Airlines can go screw themselves. Ahhh, that felt good.

Cheers and happy travels to all.

-Alli M.

5 comments:

elliej said...

Sorry you're having such a negative travel experience. You should at least get a complimentary breakfast from Continental, finished off with some really good wine.

Jennifer VB said...

"Whineocracy" is acceptable too!

Alli M. said...

Spoken like the mother of two young boys! Thanks JVB.

Lofty said...

Alli - so sorry about your Continental experience. My advice - fly Southwest any time you can!! :)

And by the way, you have more than 3 or 4 readers of this blog - I love it!!

Jery Fox said...

Amazing website.....
We can visit my website also to get business idea here

Visit Web
Bibliocrunch.com
Information