Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vino Volo Follow Up

A few weeks ago I wrote about my horrible day being stuck in the airport and referenced how I never visited the wine bar, Vino Volo.
My friend, Lisa, chimed in to give her own review and here's her take:

"I have hit a couple of the Vino Volo locations. In every spot I was impressed with the wine list, happy with the temperature of the wine I drank, and loved the atmosphere which was successfully separate from the rest of the airport. However, I found the people (young, blonde idiots) working there to be annoying in all three locales. The only thing they knew about wine was how to get drunk middle-aged men to buy more."

With this business model - good wine, young waitresses upselling wine - I'm guessing they'll be around for a long time. The next time you have some time, or get stuck, in an airport with a Vino Volo, it sounds like it's worth checking out.

Cheers,

Alli M.

1 comment:

elliej said...

I've been in many airports, but I've never noticed them. Maybe I'm just too busy rushing to catch my plane.