Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Year, a New Malbec.

Several months ago The Wine Library featured 2005 Clos Des Andes, an Argentinian Malbec. As I was planning a trip to Argentina (look forward to daily blogging from 2/13 - 2/19), I figured I should pick it up. The other night I decided to open it to go along with my spaghetti dinner.
It was good, but not great. I would have liked to have tasted a little more fruit to go with the smoke and wood. To be fair, it was fairly tight and could have used a few more years and a good 20-30 mins. to open up. For $20, it wasn't a bad deal and I'd likely pick it up again. Maybe next time I'll actually hold off on opening it for a little while!

I'm heading down to DC this weekend with plans to go to one of my favorite French restaurants - http://www.bistrotducoin.com/. I'm also going to try to visit Cork, a D.C. wine bar that I have read about over the past few years but have never been able to visit.

Hopefully I'll have more good stuff to write.

Either way, until the next sniff, sip or quaff,

Cheers,

Alli M.

3 comments:

elliej said...

We had a lovely Malbec with lunch in Park City yesterday. We had cheeseburgers and it paired well.

Robert Howard said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

Twittbot.net
Website
Information

RalphSelton said...

I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

Information
Visit Web
Visit Web