Monday, May 10, 2010

On Sunday my parents and I met for lunch at one of my mom's (and my) favorite restaurants in Southeastern PA (which also happens to be a BYO). As it was Mother's Day and as my mom is a huge fan of Pinot Noir, I thought it only fitting to bring a bottle of Merry Edwards Pinot Noir 2006 because the talented Ms. Edwards is a mother herself. Plus, she makes the best Pinot Noir out of Sonoma! Lots of bright dry cherry notes on the nose as well as the palate. And there's a nice hit of some oak on the finish.

If your mom loves good Pinot Noir, or just good wine, I'd recommend you bring her a bottle of Merry Edwards Pinot Noir next year. Then again, why wait another year? Merry Edwards Pinot Noir is not that easy to find and fairly expensive ($50 - $60 per bottle) but it's well worth it.


Although it's a date late, here's to my mom, your moms, Merry Edwards and all the other moms in the world! Now that's something to raise a glass to.


Until the next sniff, sip or quaff,


Cheers,


Alli M.

1 comment:

elliej said...

I can attest that the wine was so smooth and lovely, but I didn't know it was so expensive. Alli goes first class.