Monday, May 10, 2010

On Sunday my parents and I met for lunch at one of my mom's (and my) favorite restaurants in Southeastern PA (which also happens to be a BYO). As it was Mother's Day and as my mom is a huge fan of Pinot Noir, I thought it only fitting to bring a bottle of Merry Edwards Pinot Noir 2006 because the talented Ms. Edwards is a mother herself. Plus, she makes the best Pinot Noir out of Sonoma! Lots of bright dry cherry notes on the nose as well as the palate. And there's a nice hit of some oak on the finish.

If your mom loves good Pinot Noir, or just good wine, I'd recommend you bring her a bottle of Merry Edwards Pinot Noir next year. Then again, why wait another year? Merry Edwards Pinot Noir is not that easy to find and fairly expensive ($50 - $60 per bottle) but it's well worth it.


Although it's a date late, here's to my mom, your moms, Merry Edwards and all the other moms in the world! Now that's something to raise a glass to.


Until the next sniff, sip or quaff,


Cheers,


Alli M.

3 comments:

elliej said...

I can attest that the wine was so smooth and lovely, but I didn't know it was so expensive. Alli goes first class.

AugustCollects said...

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

Okauctioneers.org
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

Irene Berry said...

I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

Godotengine.org
Information
Click Here
Visit Web