Monday, August 30, 2010

As Summer Winds Down, One More White to Add to Your Repertoire

This past weekend I celebrated my annual "Girl's Weekend" with several good friends. There's something about good friends and beautiful weather that can elevate any bottle of wine.

On Saturday night I picked up one of my favorite summer whites, Burgans Albarino, to share with my friends. Between the weather, the company and the fun that is a never ending game of Bananagams, the wine seemed to be even better than I remembered. Light gold with floral and citrus notes, Albarino has a good amount of acid and a medium, well rounded body that pairs perfectly with a summer night and almost any food you'd enjoy on a summer night (particularly seafood or salad). Burgans is a particular favorite of mine because it's a wine that has great distribution and is a great value for the quality of the wine. Moreover, it's a terrific alternative for your friends who are burnt out on Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and/or Pinot Grigio.

As summer starts to wind down and there are fewer nights to get in some good porch sitting, grab a bottle of Albarino and extend the good times for just a few more hours.
Until the next sniff, sip or quaff,
Cheers,
Alli M.
Until the next

3 comments:

elliej said...

Just knew there'd be a wine review of your "girls' weekend" -- Another one to add to our list --

Unknown said...

While I understand this is a wine blog, I was hoping you'd at least give a shout out to the wonderful Idle Hands Belgian Pale Ale or German Bock!

Agen Sbobet said...

Thanks for the info, maybe I can use this ended my tufted marketing and I've been use untold anulus media in run a interaction and they someone existing a big amend on me. Agen Bola