Monday, January 10, 2011

Go Oregon! Or Better Yet, Try Oregon (Wines).


As an avid Pinot Noir fan, Oregon's Willamette Valley is one of my favorite places in the U.S. and as an avid football fan I find myself naturally rooting for Oregon in tonight's college football championship. I also find myself thinking about some of my favorite wines from Willamette.

If I were an actual graduate of Oregon and my team were in the championship, I might celebrate with Evening Land Seven Springs Pinot Noir or Beaux Freres The Vineyard Pinot Noir. They are classic examples of elegant, yet accessible Burgundian style pinot noirs - slight minerality, a little bit of earth and great black currant and berry notes.

However, my college team is currently without a coach and my pro team just got knocked out of the playoffs so I don't foresee uncorking a celebratory wine any time soon! To that end, I'd go for something in the "Value" range of $20 - $25: an A to Z Pinot Noir , a Four Graces Pinot Noir or a Lange Pinot Noir.

Whatever I choose to drink, I know I'll be able to find one of these at a local wine store because Oregon wines are readily available across the U.S. and usually at a variety of price points. So, if you haven't tried an Oregon Pinot, what are you waiting for? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Oh and if Oregon ends up as the champion and you'd like to toast them, check out an Argyle Brut.

Until the next sniff, sip, quaff or inspiring football game,

Cheers,

Alli M.

6 comments:

elliej said...

We love Lange Reserve -- and have fond memories of our trip to the Willamette Valley with a wine afficiando who shall remain nameless.

Unknown said...

You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.
Ikeda-naika.net
Takara-sagashi.com
Jackmcvicker.com

Soccer Training Program said...

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post! Singapore Travel Guide

Indi Host said...

I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

Click Here
Gitlab.ow2.org

Kadoga Mawansa said...

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

Pinclone.net
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

LeviFisher said...

I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

Ourblogginglife.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web