Sunday, March 20, 2011

Listen to your Mother!


My mother wrote me about a wine she had with dinner tonight and it sounds like a good value.  Since I'm
always on the lookout for a good value and I trust this particular palate, I thought I'd share.

Here's what my mom had to say:

"I had a wonderful glass of Spanish wine called Marques de Tomares. It was very full-bodied and went well with my roast beef."

When I heard the words "full bodied" and "Spanish" my immediate thought was tempranillo which meant that it was likely from Rioja or Ribera del Duero.  My instincts were right because this wine is about 90% tempranillo and it turns out it's from Rioja.  Most people think Rioja is a varietal and not a region, but if you like Riojas and/or Ribera del Duero (also a region in Spain that primarily uses tempranillo), it sounds like you will like this wine.  Moreover, I looked it up on wine-searcher.com and in my neck of the woods, it retails for about $12 - $18 (a wide range, I know, but I'm in the NYC Metro area so this is typical).  I'm guessing outside of New York you'll find it around $15, possibly a little less.  Definitely something worth taking a chance on.  I know I will when I see it in a store.

Until the next sniff, sip, quaff or mother's recommendation,

Cheers,

Alli M.

8 comments:

elliej said...

Thanks for the plug. (Now I've blown my cover.)

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL Post. thanks for share.. more wait ..
Poznan.pl
Boekenlijst1418.nl
Sktk.pl

Chand Mason said...

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

Click Here
Visit Web

LeviFisher said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Pathtounite.org
Information
Click Here

JeanAdams said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

Saigon-ict.edu.vn
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

Dirga Aliya said...

Very nice post, i certainly love this website, keep on it

Devpost.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

CorySteeves said...

I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

Devpost.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

GloriaTerry said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Pixelation.org
Information
Click Here
Visit Web