Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last night I went out for dinner in New York.  The restaurant was o.k. and the wine list was pretty pitiful.  Amongst the Yellow Tail and crappy pinot grigio, I saw they had a Cotes du Rhone rose.  I hadn't heard of the label, but it's rare that I don't like a Cotes du Rhone rose. 

The wine was nothing special, BUT, it was a good, simple rose filled with a nose and palate of strawberry.  It was a perfect wine for a brisk, spring evening and a lovely way to end the week.  Moreover, it was a nice reminder that a summer filled with Chenin and Rose and Torrontes (oh my!), is just around the corner.

Until the next sniff, sip or quaff,

Cheers,

Alli M.

3 comments:

elliej said...

You should be very proud of hubby and me. We had a delicious while wine, Pressoni Soave Classico 2008, with our flounder and dinner company and the little we have left we passed over when we had burgers tonight. We're saving the leftover wine for some grilled fish and salsa tomorrow night.

Unknown said...

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.
Ikeda-naika.net
Takara-sagashi.com
Jackmcvicker.com

Yudafa Fajir said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Click Here
Visit Web