Friday, December 9, 2011

Mulling It Over


Hello from the U.K! Why am I reporting frm a region that's not really known for wine? Well, the English are certainky known for their drinking. Plus, they tend to serve a lot of mulled wine during the holidays. And today I learned the difference between European mulled wine and the mulled wine they tend to serve in the U.S. - spirits. European mulled wine tends to be fortified with whiskey or bourbon or other spirits while U.S mulled wine tends to consist of just wine and spices. At least that seemed to be the case today. Or maybe it was just the jet lag...either way, it was an interesting difference to note.

Until the next sniff, sip, or quaff,

Cheers,

Alli M.

P.S. I've since learned that spirits are usually just an option for mulled wine over here. Just haven't seen the whiskey or bourbon option in the states (or maybe I've been drinking the wrong mulled wine all these years)

7 comments:

elliej said...

Judging from the typos, I can tell you're really enjoying that British mulled wine

Alli M. said...

Cleaned up the post. Actually have been indulging in more red wine...

Judi Bola said...

This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes.

Agen Bola Online said...

Thanks for the info, maybe I can use this ended my tufted marketing and I've been use untold anulus media in run a interaction and they someone existing a big amend on me. Agen Sbobet

Pbsbo.com said...

Hello, i am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited and happy to say that the webmaster has done a very good job here to put all the information content and information at one place.
www.pbsbo.com
Pbsbo
Pbsbo.com
www.pbsbo.com

Akhadiwi Rajie said...

Would you be interested in exchanging links?
Ikeda-naika.net
Takara-sagashi.com
Jackmcvicker.com

Tennis Player said...

Would you be interested in exchanging links? Sports Betting Hockey Game