Saturday, June 4, 2011

If you have not yet tried Torrontes, you're missing out!

Last night I went out to Sushi Lounge, a good, local place with my friend and fellow wine lover, Sharon.  Sushi Lounge does not have a great wine list, but they have a few of the more interesting varietals such as Torrontes.  Torrontes is a lovely, medium bodied, floral white that is grown in the North Argentina.  Moreover, since it's a lot less expensive to make wine in Argentina and since the varietal is not well known (and thus not over planted - yet), it tends to be one of the bigger values on a wine menu. 

Sushi Lounge carries Lo Tengo Torrontes out of Lujan de Cuyo, Argentina.  It's slightly sweeter than many other Torrontes I've had, but delightful, and smooth with some nice honeysuckle and citrus notes.  As expected, it pairs perfectly with sushi and is also easily enjoyed on its own.  This is probably why Sharon and I went threw two bottles!!!

So the next time you're in the mood for a good, food friendly white, break away from your Savignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or Riesling and give Torrontes a try.  I'd be truly surprised if you were disappointed.

Until the next sniff, sip or quaff,

Cheers,

Alli M. 

5 comments:

elliej said...

Glad to see a new post -- and when I'm looking for a white, I'll have to try Torrontes --

Ariana Richardo said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

Website
Information

AugustCollects said...

I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

Io.telkomuniversity.ac.id
Information
Click Here

Daisy Lowe said...

This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

Click Here
Visit Web

BillieMartinez said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

Triberr.com
Information
Click Here